Besides photography and art, my other passion is cooking. Here is an easy, breezy blueberry pancake recipe for two. Although, it wasn’t so easy, breezy to get the blueberries. I had to go to five stores before I was able to find some. I guess it was one of those moments… when you don’t need it, they are everywhere and then when you really need it, all the stores seem to be out of them on purpose… or when you are running late for an appointment and for some reason, you hit every single red light along the way. Well, I guarantee this recipe is very easy and you can have a great breakfast in less than 30 minutes. I use pure maple syrup but you can use any regular pancake syrup and if you don’t like blueberries, you can substitute with different berries.
Makes 6-8 pancakes
1 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries (crushed – makes it easier to cook evenly)
1 1/4 Cup Milk
- Combined the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Slowly add milk and mix thoroughly but do not over mix. There should be some small lumps of flour.
- Add the crushed blueberries.
- Heat a griddle or a large frying pan. Make sure to use a pan spray even if your pan is non-stick.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring spoon for the pancake batter. This makes more consistent and even size pancakes.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. If it browns too fast, make sure to turn down the heat or else the pancake will be raw in the middle.
- Serve with maple syrup or a syrup of your choice… Enjoy!